I am not new to IM, as I regularly use Googletalk and have at times used Microsoft messenger. Gwyn and I have also chatted via Facebook when we are both online at the same time. I signed up for Meebo, which facilitates IM over various platforms. It can be useful once one has loaded "buddies" in so I am trying to get the buddy names for others here. This could be a good tool for intra-library communication, my husband uses IM a lot at his office to communicate w/co-workers.
We just got a Mac at home which has iChat which incorporates a live "video" of the participants via a small camera built into the computer. The kids, esp. my daughter, LOVE this. Parental supervision is essential!
IM is handy for quick communications and I could see its use at the library for quick questions and answers. I once had a problem on the Lands End Web site and got an immediate answer by IM-ing a customer service rep. It was great.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment